Lee Joon Gi is an actor, singer, dancer, and model from South Korea. His first big performance as a clown in the highly praised film The King and the Clown (2005) catapulted him to popularity, and he went on to star in the romantic comedy My Girl (2005-06). He’s moved on to other genres since then, including historical plays and action thrillers. He is well recognised for his role as Wang So in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. His work has positioned him into a prominent Hallyu star in several countries, particularly in Asia.
Lee Joon Gi Profile
- Name: Lee Joon Gi
- Birthdate: April 17th, 1982
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Busan
- Country: South Korean
- Nationality: South Korean
- Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts
- Occupation: Actor, singer, dancer, model
- Years active: 2001–present
- Agency: Namoo Actors[
- Height: 178cm
- Blood Type: B
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Facebook: OfficialLeeJoongi
- Instagram: actor_jg
- Twitter: @JGshock
- Marital Status: Single
Lee Joon Gi Career
2005: Lee’s first notable film role was in the 2005 film The King and the Clown, in which he played Gong-Gil, an effeminate clown from the Joseon Dynasty. The film, which was critically and commercially successful, catapulted the then-unknown actor into Asia’s spotlight.
2006: Lee was later cast opposite Lee Da-Hae and Lee Dong-Wook in SBS’s My Girl. During its duration, the romance comedy series was a smash sensation both domestically and internationally, propelling Lee even farther into the Korean Wave spotlight.
2007: In 2007, Lee starred alongside Japanese actress Aoi Miyazaki in the Korean-Japanese film Virgin Snow, in which he plays a Korean exchange student. Virgin Snow was a box office hit, finishing 9th and setting a new ticket admissions record for a Korean film released in Japan.
2008: Lee portrayed a masked Robin Hood-like character during the Joseon era in SBS’s Iljimae, a period-action drama inspired by Chinese tradition from the Ming dynasty.
2009: He portrayed a reporter in the comedy-action drama Hero. In 2009, he was appointed as ambassador of the Korea Tourism Organization.
2010-12: Lee enrolled in the Republic of Korea Army in 2010 to fulfil his compulsory military duty obligations.
2013: He starred in the action thriller Two Weeks, he plays a father who is facing a murder charge while trying to save his daughter from leukaemia.
2014-15: He was starred in the historical period drama Gunman in Joseon. Then in 2015, he was starred in the vampire romance series Scholar Who Walks the Night.
2016: In 2016, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, a Korean version of the Chinese television series Scarlet Heart, featured Lee in the lead role of Wang So.
2017, 18, 19 & 20: In 2017, Lee starred in tvN’s crime procedural drama Criminal Minds, based on the American series of the same name. In 2018, Lee returned to tvN and was cast in Lawless Lawyer, his first legal drama and the first time he has portrayed a lawyer. In 2020, Lee was cast in the tvN thriller melodrama The Flower of Evil, reuniting him with Criminal Minds co-star Moon Chae-won.
2022: In 2022, Lee makes a comeback to the small screen with SBS drama Again My Life, his return to terrestrial television in six years since 2016.
Lee Joon Gi Height
He is 178cm tall (5 feet and 10 inches).
Lee Joon Gi Net Worth
The legendary South Korean Actor started his acting journey in the mid-2000s and has starred in various movies and television dramas and has also appeared in Hollywood movies which have garnered him a lot of praise from the viewers. According to some sources, his estimated net worth is around $50 Million, it may vary. His main source of income is acting, due to his outstanding acting skills, he has made a fortune and is continuously working on projects which will increase his net worth exponentially.
Lee Joon Gi Girlfriend
According to some sources, he is not dating anyone as of now. Currently, he is single. Lee Joon Ki once in an interview stated that he admires ladies that are tough and intellectual. He’s also stated that if he ever has a girlfriend, he’ll never confess it in public because he wants to keep his partner safe from public attention!.
Lee Joon Gi Facts
- On May 3rd, 2010, Lee Joon-Gi began his two-year mandatory military service. He attempted to postpone his military duties in order to finish filming “Grand Prix” and the SBS drama series “Faith,” but was unable to do so. As a result, Lee Joon-Gi has withdrawn from both projects.
- The Korea Tourism Organization also named Lee Joon-Gi as an ambassador for Korea tourism.
- In his spare time, Lee enjoys learning and practising various martial arts.
- He rarely uses a stunt double for fight scenes due to his skills in taekwondo and various other forms of martial arts and is regarded as one of the country’s best action actors.
- Before being accepted into the Seoul Institute of the Arts, he had many part-time jobs.
- Lee Joon Gi also holds a fourth-dan black belt in taekwondo and first-dan belts in Hapkido and Taekkyeon (a hybrid and traditional Korean martial art respectively).
- He can sing and has written and released his own music.
- In the audition for his famous film The King and the Clown, he beat out 3,000 others. He was well aware that he needed to stand out so he performed a handstand and split his legs which were later the scene was performed in the movie.
- Lee Joon Gi went on to star in a number of popular historical dramas over the course of his career, his casting in historical dramas earned him the title of ‘King of Sageuk,’ which means ‘King of historical dramas.’
Lee Joon Gi TV Shows
- Again My life (SBS / 2022) appear as Kim Hee-Woo
- Flower of Evil (tvN / 2020) appear as Baek Hee-Sung
- Hotel Del Luna (tvN / 2019) appear as exorcist (ep.3)
- Lawless Lawyer (tvN / 2018) appear as Bong Sang-Pil
- Criminal Minds (tvN / 2017) appear as Kim Hyun-Joon
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (SBS / 2016) appear as Wang So
- She Was Pretty (MBC / 2015) – cameo
- Scholar Who Walks the Night (MBC / 2015) appear as Kim Sung-Yeol
- Gunman in Joseon (KBS2 / 2014) appear as Park Yoon-Kang
- Two Weeks (MBC / 2013) appear as Jang Tae-San
- Arang and the Magistrate (MBC / 2012) appear as Eun-Oh
- Hero (MBC / 2009)
- Il Ji-Mae: The Phantom Thief | Iljimae (SBS / 2008) appear as Il Ji-Mae / Yong-Yi
- Time Between Dog And Wolf (MBC / 2007) appear as Lee Soo-Hyun
- The 101st Proposal (cameo) (SBS / 2006)
- My Girl (SBS / 2005-2006) appear as Seo Jung-Woo
- Star’s Echo (MBC / 2004)
- Nonstop 4 (MBC / 2003) – guest
Lee Joon Gi Movies
- May 18 (2007) appear as Kang Jin-Woo
- Virgin Snow (2007) appear as Kim Min
- Fly, Daddy, Fly (2006) appear as Go Seung Suk
- The King and the Clown (2005 )appear as Gong Gil
- Flying Boys (2004) appear as Dong Wan
- The Hotel Venus (2004) appear as Boy
Lee Joon Gi Awards
- Ten Star Award for “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”
- Hanryu Star Award for “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”
- Best Couple Award for “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”
- Ten Star Award for “Scholar Who Walks the Night”
- Excellent Actor for “Gunman in Joseon”
- Best Couple Award for “Gunman in Joseon”
- Best Couple Award for Arang and the Magistrate”
Is Lee Joon Gi married?-Currently, he is unmarried.
Who is Lee Joon Gi Wife?– He is unmarried.
Is Lee Joon Japanese?– No, he is South Korean but he has worked in Japanese movies.
Is Lee Joo-Gi in Relationship?– According to some sources, currently, he is not dating anyone and is believed to be single.
Why Lee Joon-Gi is so popular?– He has garnered a lot of praise from viewers all over the world for his outstanding acting skills. Fans like his works, he went on to star in a number of popular historical dramas over the course of his career, his casting in historical dramas earned him the title of ‘King of Sageuk,’ which means ‘King of historical dramas.’
Thanks For Reading!