Kim Hee Sun is a well-known actress from South Korea. She debuted as the MC of the popular music variety show “SBS Inki Gayo” in 1993, while still in high school. She went on to have a successful acting career, starring in films such as “The Great Doctor (aka Faith)” (2012), “Wonderful Days” (2014), and “Angry Mom” (2015). (2015). She played opposite Jackie Chan in the Chinese film “The Myth” in 2005 and in the epic drama “The Warring States” in 2011, riding a wave of fame in China.
Kim Hee Sun Profile
- Name: Kim Hee-Seon
- Birthdate: February 25, 1977
- Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 167cm
- Age: 44 Years
- Weight: 45kg
- Blood Type: NA
- Instagram: lovely.katie.k
- Spouse: Park Ju-young (m. 2007)
- Agency: Hinge Entertainment
- Children: Park Yeon-ah
- Parents: Park Bok-soon, Kim Hong-Geun
- Birth Sign: Pisces
Kim Hee Sun Biography
Kim Hee-sun was born on June 11, 1977. In the 1990s, she rose to prominence with prominent parts in television shows such as Men of the Bath House (1995), Propose (1997), Wedding Dress (1997), Forever Yours (1998), Mister Q (1998), Sunflower (1998), and Tomato (1998). (1999). Kim has also appeared in Bichunmoo (2000) and The Myth (2005), as well as historical media drama Faith (2012), teen drama Angry Mom (2015), and mystery drama The Lady in Dignity (2017). On October 19, 2007, she married businessman Park Ju-young in a spectacular ceremony at the Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Seoul. On January 21, 2009, she gave birth to her daughter Park Yeon-ah.
- When she was in middle school, Kim Hee-sun won the Fair Face Beauty Contest and began modelling in adolescent publications. Kim, as a high school sophomore, featured in a commercial for Lotte Samkang’s crab snacks in 1993, which led to her acting debut in Dinosaur Teacher and an MC gig for the music show Live TV Music 20 following year.
- She made her film debut opposite Jang Dong-gun in 1997’s Repechage, and the film’s director Lee Kwang-hoon cast her in his following feature Ghost in Love (1999).
- In 2000, she starred in Bichunmoo, shot in China. It was a commercial flop but It garnered her more local and worldwide attention than any of her previous works. It established her status as a Korean Wave celebrity in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia, in addition to her successful TV dramas.
- She was cast opposite Jackie Chan in The Myth, for which she learnt Mandarin, due to her fame among Chinese fans.
- Kim featured alongside Kim Sun-ah in the television series The Lady in Dignity in 2017. The series’ finale received a 12.6 percent rating, making it JTBC’s highest-rated drama. Critics and the public praised Kim’s performance.
- She appeared in the tvN mystery thriller Room No. 9 in 2018. With the independent feature Paper Flower, she announced her comeback to the big screen in the same year.
- She featured in Alice, a science fiction romance drama that aired on SBS in 2020 and was streamed globally on Netflix in 2021.
- Kim appears in the MBC fantasy drama Tomorrow in 2022, portraying the grim reaper Goo-Ryeon alongside Rowoon.
Kim Hee Sun Age: She is 44 years old and was born on February 25, 1977, in Daegu, South Korea
Kim Hee Sun Height: She is 167 cm (5 feet and 6 inches) tall.
Kim Hee Sun Weight: Her weight is believed to be 45 kg. She once revealed, “I weighed more than 170 pounds during my pregnancy,”. “After I had my daughter, I ate largely meat for eight meals a day,” she said. Hee Sun, on the other hand, was able to lose all of her excess weight following the birth of her child through proper exercise and diet plans.
Kim Hee Sun Husband & Baby
On October 19, 2007, she married businessman Park Ju-young in a spectacular ceremony at the Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Seoul. On January 21, 2009, she gave birth to her daughter Park Yeon-ah. After getting married in 2007 she left the entertainment industry to focus on her role as a wife and mother. Apart from appearing in periodicals during her five-year break from acting, Kim wrote Kim Hee-Happy sun’s Mom Project in 2009, a book about childcare and how to lose post-pregnancy weight.
Kim Hee Sun Net Worth
According to some sources, her estimated net worth is $1Million-$5Million USD.
Kim Hee Sun TV Shows
- Tomorrow (MBC / 2022) appears as Goo Ryeon
- Remarriage and Desires (Netflix / 2022) appears as Seo Hye-Seung
- Alice (SBS / 2020) appears as Yoon Tae-Yi / Park Sun-Young
- Room No. 9 (tvN / 2018) appears as Eulji Hae-Yi
- The Lady in Dignity (JTBC / 2017) appears as Woo A-Jin
- Angry Mom (MBC / 2015) appears as Jo Gang-Hee
- Wonderful Days (KBS2 / 2014) appears as Cha Hae-Won
- Faith (SBS / 2012) appears as Doctor Yoo Eun-Soo
- Smile Again (SBS / 2006) appears as Oh Dan-Hee
- Sad Love Song (MBC / 2005) appears as Park Hye-In
- My Fair Lady (SBS / 2003)
- Tomato (SBS / 1999)
- Mr Q (SBS / 1998)
- Sunflower (MBC / 1998)
- Wedding Dress (KBS2 / 1997-1998) appears as Du-Na
- Propose (KBS / 1997)
- Son of Wind (KBS2 / 1995)
- Dinosaur Teacher (SBS / 1993)
Thanks for reading! Have a good day 🙂