Han Hyo joo is one of Korea’s leading film and television actress, model and singer. She is best known for playing the leading role in the television series Spring Waltz, The Brilliant Legacy ; Dong Yi, W and Happiness. Also, the movie “Cold Eyes”, which won the Best Actress Award at the 34th Blue Dragon Film Awards, and is the greatest box office in history of Korean Film.
- Birth Name: Han Hyo Joo
- Stage Name: Han Hyo Joo
- Birth Place: Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea
- Birthday: February 22, 1987
- Age: 35
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 172cm (5’8”)
- Weight: 48kg (106lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- School: Bulgok High School
- Profession: Actress, Model, Singer
- Agency: BH Entertainment
- Years Active: 2003-present
- Instagram: @hanhyojoo222
Han Hyo Joo Biography
Han Hyo-joo was born in 1987 on February 22, in Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea. Her mother worked as an elementary school teacher before becoming a public school inspector, and her father worked in the army. As a kid, Han Hyo-joo was good at sports and she enjoyed athletics. Han Hyo-joo, a sophomore in high school, moved to Seoul and she attended Burgok High School.
Her conservative and strict father opposed her migration to Seoul, but she was able to fulfill her wishes. After graduating from high school, Han Hyo-joo studied theater at Dongguk University. According to her Han Hyo-joo, her personality matches her blood type A. She is calm, she doesn’t feel angry right away, and she can endure without showing her look too much.
Han Hyo Joo Education
She attended Burgok High School and completed her studies in threatre from Dongguk University.
Han Hyo Joo Age
She is 34 years old, born in 22 Feb. 1987
Han Hyo Joo Weight
Her weight is approx. 48kg (106lbs), according to somesources, it may vary.
Han Hyo Joo Height
She is 172 cm tall that is 5 feet and 8 inches.
Han Hyo Joo Boyfriend
Currently, she is not dating anyone. According to some sources about Han Hyojoo’s current relationship status, the actress is currently single. However, the rumors currently circulating online suggest otherwise. These rumors suggest that Han is actually in a secret marriage with another Korean actor. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.
Han Hyo Joo Networth
Han Hyo Joo Networth is somewhere around $2 milliion, her networth may vary. Now that she’s hadsan international career, Han Hyo Joo’s net worth should have gone up as well.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Han Hyo Joo
- Hyo Joo was first came in lime light in 2003 through a teenage beauty contest, which was organized by food corporation Binggrae.
- Her acting career began from the sitcom “Nonstop 5”, and the gangster comedy movie “My Boss, My Teacher”.
- She started to gain wide recognition when she starred in “Spring Waltz”, the fourth and final episode of the season-drama series “Endless Love”.
- Han Hyo-joo’s loves watching movies, reading books, and telling stories to children.
- She is trilingual, as she is able to speak Korean, English and Japanese.
- Han Hyo-joo is a fan of Japanese movies and learned Japanese through Japanese movies. She has also appeared in the Korean and Japanese productions “Postman to Heaven” and the 2006 independent film “Ad-lib Night” based on Japanese short stories.
- She contributed as a voice narrator to the barrier-free version of the Japanese movie “My Back Page” for hearing and visual impaairments.
- She has won the 9th Miss Binggrae Smile Pageant.
- She played the character of a queen in the blockbuster historical movie “Masquerade”, which became one of the highest-grossing in the history of Korean films.
- She starred in the action thriller “Cold Eyes” in 2013, which became one of the biggest domestic hits of that year.
- She can also play piano.
- Han Hyo Joo likes to play Tetris.
- Pink is her favourite colour.
- Bibimbab and potato stew are her favourite foods.
Han Hyo Joo Films
- The Pirates 2 (2022) appear as Hae-Rang
- The Sun Does Not Move (2021) appeared as Ayako
- Illang: The Wolf Brigade appeared as Lee Yoon-Hee
- Golden Slumber (2018) appeared as Sun-Young
- Love, Lies (2016) appeared as Jung So-Yool
- The Beauty Inside (2015) appeared as Yi-Soo
- C’est si bon (2015) appeared as Min Ja-Young
- Miracle: Devil Claus’ Love and Magic (2014) appeared as So-Young
- Cold Eyes (2013) appeared as Rookie detective Ha Yoon-Joo
- Love 911 (2012) appeared as Doctor Mi-Soo
- Masquerade (2012) – Queen
- Always | Ohjik Geudaeman (2011) appeared as Jung-Hwa
- Postman to Heaven (2009) appeared as Ha-Na
- Ride Away (2008) appeared as Lim Ha-Jung
- Ad-Lib Night | Aju teukbyeolhan sonnim (2006) appeared as Lee Bo-Kyung
- My Boss, My Teacher (2006) appeared as Yu Mi-jung
Han Hyo Joo Drama Series
- Moving , upcoming (2022) will appear asLee Mi-Yeon
- Happiness (2021) appeared as Yoon Sae-Bom
- W: Two Worlds Apart (2016) appeared as Oh Yeon-Joo
- Dong Yi (2010) appeared as Choi Suk-Bin
- Brilliant Legacy (2009) appeared as Chanranhan Yusan
- Il Ji-Mae: The Phantom Thief (2008) appeared as Iljimae
- Heaven and Earth (2007) appeared as Park Ji-Su
- Spring Waltz (2006) appeared as Park Eun-Young
- Nonstop 5 (2005) appeared as Hyo-Joo
Han Hyo Joo Songs
- It’s the First Time
- Ride Away
- Sudden Burst of Tears
- Oh Seoul
- Don’t You Know
- 8 A.M
- Alone in Love
- I Love You
- Hide and Seek
- Let us forget
- I’ll Give It All To You
- Love, Lies
- Spring lady
Han Hyo Joo Awards
2016 MBC Drama Awards -Best Actress (“W”) and Best Couple Award (“W”)
2016 (5th) APAN Star Awards – Best Actress (mini series) (“W”)
2013 (34th) Blue Dragon Film Awards -Best Actress for “Cold Eyes”
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Han Hyo Joo Speak English?
Yes, she can speak English.
Does Han Hyo Joo Knows Japanese?
Yes, she is trilingual, she can speak English, Japanese and Korean.
Is Han Hyo Joo Married ?
No, she is currently single.
Is Han Hyo Joo Japanese?
No, she is South Korean. She was born in Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea.
Han Hyo Joo Ideal Type
The actress shared that she is attracted to happy and healthy people. She wants to be in a relationship with someone who is understanding, mature and caring, someone she can rely on, someone who can take care of her like a mother does.