Blackpink Lisa-Lalisa Manobal, better known by her stage name Lisa, is a South Korean singer, rapper and dancer. She is a member of YG Entertainment’s South Korean girl group Blackpink.
Lisa made her solo debut in September 2021 with the release of her single album Lalisa. In South Korea, the album sold over 736,000 copies in its first week, making her the first female musician to accomplish so. In the first 24 hours after its release, the music video for its lead song of the same name had 73.6 million views on YouTube, making it the most-viewed music video on the platform by a solo artist.
Table of Contents
Blackpink Lisa Wiki, Biography & Some Unknown\ Lesser Known Facts About Her
Blackpink Lisa Biography
Lisa was born on March 27, 1997 in Buriram Province, Thailand as Pranpriya Manobal. Her Thai mother and Swiss stepfather raised her as an only child. Chitthip Brüschweiler is Lisa’s mother’s name. Marco Brüschweiler, her stepfather, is a well-known chef who is currently based in Thailand. Lisa attended Praphamontree School I and II for her secondary studies.
Blackpink Lisa Early Life & Career
- She began taking dance lessons at the age of four and competed in dance competitions throughout her childhood, notably in “To Be Number One,”. She later joined the eleven-member dance squad We Zaa Cool, which included BamBam of Got7. The group earned the “Special Team” Award in the LG Entertainment Million Dream Sanan World competition, which aired on Channel 9 in September 2009.
- In 2009, Lisa competed in a singing contest as a school representative for the Moral Promotion Center’s “Top 3 Good Morals of Thailand”, where she placed second.
- Lisa, then 13 years old, auditioned in Thailand for the South Korean record label YG Entertainment in 2010. Lisa was always fascinated by K-pop idols, particularly Big Bang and 2NE1, and aspired to follow in their footsteps one day. She was the only person who qualified out of 4,000 candidates, prompting then-CEO Yang Hyun-suk to give Lisa a position as a YG Entertainment trainee. At the tryouts, Lisa also wowed one of the judges, Danny Im of 1TYM, who later praised her on-stage confidence and off-stage demeanour.
- Lisa came to South Korea in 2011 to begin her formal training as a trainee, which she completed over the course of five years. On April 11, 2011, she began working for the label as their first non-Korean trainee.
- Lisa made her debut as one of four members of the South Korean girl group Blackpink in August 2016, making her the agency’s first non-Korean debut. The lead songs “Whistle” and “Boombayah” were released as part of Blackpink’s debut single album Square One. “Whistle” scored a complete “all-kill,” debuting at the top of the South Korean charts. The band has released two studio albums, Blackpink in Your Area and The Album, three extended plays, Blackpink, Square Up, and Kill This Love, as well as two single albums, Square One and Square Two, as of October 2020.
Blackpink Lisa Age
Lisa is 24 years old, as she was born on March 24, 1997. Soon to be 25,.
Blackpink Lisa Height
Lisa stands 5 feet and 5 inches tall.
Blackpink Lisa Weight
According to some sources, weight of Lisa is approx. 45kg, it may vary
Blackpink Lisa Net Worth
According to some sources, Lisa’s estimated net worth is US $10 million, it may vary. Most of her income comes from her successful singing career, modeling, brand endrorsements, youtube, instagram etc.
Blackpink Lisa Boyfriend
Dating information about Blackpink Lisa is not Known. According to some sources, she is currently single and is not dating anybody, some says she is under a strict no dating policy.
Blackpink Lisa Unknown Facts\ Some Lesser Known Facts
- On the recommendation of a fortune teller, she legally changed her name to Lalisa, which means “one who is praised,”
- Her birth name is Pranpriya Manobal
- Lisa is multilingual, speaks Thai, English, and Korean well, as well as some Japanese and Chinese.
- She performed as a background dancer in Taeyang’s music video for the single “Ringa Linga”.
- Lisa’s first modelling work was for streetwear brand Nona9on.
- She was her agency’s first non-korean trainee.
- Lisa tested positive for COVID-19 on November 24, 2021.
- On September 17, 2019, after monsoon rains triggered flooding in 32 Thai provinces, Lisa’s relative, Thai beauty blogger Koi Onusa, reported that Lisa had donated $100,000 to Thai actor Bin Bunluerit’s disaster relief fund to assist those affected by the floods.
- Lisa was cast as a permanent member of the MBC military variety show Real Man 300 as part of the Korea Army Academy edition.
- Lisa appears as an endorsement model for the mobile game Ragnarok M: Eternal Love, and she also appears as a character on their “Midnight Party” server.
- In Thailand, Lisa was named as the Samsung Galaxy S10’s brand ambassador. Lisa has been named as a Vivo S9 smartphone endorsement. She was also a Vivo S7 smartphone ambassador.
- Lisa released a limited edition photobook called “0327” through YG Entertainment, which was made completely of self-taken images using a film camera.
- Thailand’s prime minister, Prayut Chan-o-cha, praised Lisa for promoting Thai culture in her music video “Lalisa.”
- With 17.4 million Instagram followers in April 2019, she became the most followed K-pop idol. She became the first and only K-pop idol to reach 50 million followers in April 2021, and she is still breaking engagement and follower count records on the site. Currently, she has 73.8 million followers. Source (1)